INTERESTED IN BECOMING A MEMBER OF
THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS FOR
BAR-CONS FEDERAL CREDIT UNION?
- Have you ever thought you would like to serve on the board of directors?
- Are you a member of Bar-Cons in good standing for at lease three years?
- Are you an active member of the credit union? (An active member is one who has at least two active services (such as savings, checking, or loans).
If you answer “YES” to the above questions, why not submit your name as a candidate for the board of directors?
If you are interested in information on becoming a candidate for the board of directors, please email your name to
or call the office at 372-8776 or 800-844-8776 for details on qualifications. If using e-mail, please do not include any confidential information. Names will be taken until December 31.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & CHARACTERISTICS
OF THE BOARD MEMBER
- Determine the long and short-range objectives for the credit union.
- Establish all policies for the credit union.
- Have a working knowledge of the credit union bylaws.
- Designate all banking depositories.
- Authorize borrowing and investing of credit union funds.
- Authorize all insurance and bonds necessary to protect the assets of the members.
- Fill vacancies in board positions.
- Set interest rates for loans and dividend rates on savings.
- Set all loan and savings limits for members.
- Establish office hours.
- Authorize all services to be provided to the members.
- Annually, adopt the budget and monitor it on a monthly basis.
- Review monthly the financial condition of the credit union.
- Keep current on local and national credit union activities.
- Be willing to serve on committees.
- Prepare for each meeting by reading the agenda, minutes and attached material.
- Attend occasional supplemental meeting at the chapter level or league level.
- Select and evaluate the performance of the President of the credit union.
- Establish all personnel policies and benefits for employees of the Credit Union.
- Hold sensitive information confidential.
- A director must not use the position for personal gain or profit.
This Credit Union is federally-insured by the National Credit Union Administration.